A comparative chronology of the Patriarchs of the Church of the East based on twenty-two sources, five of which are previously unpublished. Benjamin reveals a great number of differences between the sources and concludes that the present Patriarch of the Assyrian Church of the East was named Dinkha IV instead of Dinkha III. Benjamin also highlights inconsistencies, omissions, errors and dates of succession of some patriarchs that appear to have been based on assumption. The current volume, with carefully arranged tabular lists and comments, is essential to further research on the chronology of the Patriarchs of the Church of the East. The book is written in three languages: English, Syriac and Arabic.
Daniel Benjamin is a poet and writer in Syriac. He has published many Syriac liturgy books, primarily on the traditions of the Church of the East. He is the Assyrian Language Editor of Journal of Assyrian Academic Studies. Between 1956 and 1967, he was the manager of Nineveh Printing Press in Kirkuk, Iraq.
- The List of Kashisha Yosip DeKelaita
- The List of Mar Eshai Shimun
- The Book of Partote
- Kashisha Albert Aboon
- Professor Gewargis David Malech
- Shamasha David Bet Benyamin
- The Nestorian Churhes
- Josehus Simonius Assemanus
- The Death of a Nation
- Professor Heleen H.L. Murre-Van Den Berg
- Chronology of the Patriarchs of the Church of the East
- The Patriarchs According to their Occupation and Apostolic Seat
- Chronology of the Patriarchs Compiled by Daniel Benjamin